- This collection of street style photos is packed with detail and inspiration.
- Want. These. Shoes.
- The fall weather report for my closet.
- These geometric oxidized mirrors are so cool. Time to buy some sulfur and try to DIY!
- My friend Cam just launched a fun new site called Anniversary Time Capsule. Here’s the idea: you and your fiancé/husband/significant other each record a video for one another and upload it to the site. Then you set the date of your anniversary and the site locks up your videos and starts the countdown. And then you can’t watch the video until that date! In an all-access world that’s kind of crazy, right? I love the idea of time capsules and still remember the one we buried at my elementary school. (I wonder if they’ve dug it up yet?) Anyway, you can try it for free now using the code DISMOUNT, so go set one up!
- Idleness is not just a vacation, an indulgence or a vice; it is as indispensable to the brain as vitamin D is to the body, and deprived of it we suffer a mental affliction as disfiguring as rickets. The space and quiet that idleness provides is a necessary condition for standing back from life and seeing it whole, for making unexpected connections and waiting for the wild summer lightning strikes of inspiration — it is, paradoxically, necessary to getting any work done. If you haven’t read The ‘Busy’ Trap yet, go do it now.
I haven’t shared any Houston links in a while because I’ve been away for weeks, but in honor of my first trip back since May I have a couple!
- Mongoose versus Cobra has ginormous pretzels. I am obsessed with pretzels. (There are pretzel rolls in my desk drawer right now!) See you there this weekend.
- I’m speaking at the Houston Blogger Symposium on 9/15 at Hotel Zaza – there are just 8 tickets remaining, so register now if you don’t want to miss it!