- These art installations by Felice Varini are mind-blowing. I’d love to see them in person.
- As a former Chicagoan, my Facebook feed filled with images of Blizzard ’11 this week. Pictures this pretty *almost* make me wish I was there.
- Triangular modular… something. This is what camping on the moon will look like in 2050, maybe.
- Remember the rainbow cake fad? Here’s the next fancy cake surprise just in time for Valentine’s Day, the heart cake.
- Learn to make candlesticks out of plumbing parts with this video from Etsy.
- Sew a simple summer dress with Martha. (This is the only way I get to watch her, since Hallmark is not one of the 400 channels we get. Argh.)
- Last Sunday I wrote about the joy in the making, and then on Tuesday this TED talk by MAKE magazine publisher Dougherty titled ‘We Are Makers’ was posted.
- Okay, last thing about making (probably)- check out the gorgeous photo essays on The Maker’s Project.
- Here’s a fun Valentine’s video by Tiger In A Jar. I just ordered an interval timer for my DSLR, so maybe I’ll try something fun like that soon.