Another week has flown by and now I’ve just 14 days until it’s time to head off to Chicago for the summer. I can hardly believe it! Team Whimseybox is working hard, hard, hard but I’m happy that this Mother’s Day weekend I’ll be able to set work aside for a bit and spend time with my parents who are visiting. Have a wonderful weekend, and Happy Mother’s Day to all of you moms!
– Love the est collection. Look at the yellow detail on the shoes! Also, there must be a way to do that to my hair for the day, just for fun right? How?
– Bear ears! Bear ears! Too cool. I love bears and have a Pinterest board called The Case for Wearing Awesome Stuff On Your Head.
– This DIY redefines simple. Don’t Geneva make it look glamorous?
– Pascale is sewing beautiful leather bags.
– Awesome DIY industrial chandelier.
– You know I love a leather project, this Design*Sponge mail basket is right up my alley.
– We shot the first episode of Whimseybox TV this week – please check it out! And we’re running a contest on our Facebook page. (Do you ‘like’ us already?)
– Aw, Spirographs! Wish I still had mine, I’d grab some Sharpies and blank notecards and go to town.
– As you’ve likely read, Maurice Sendak died this week. I’ve never felt strongly about Where The Wild Things Are or any of his other books, but I ran across these videos of him on Colbert which then inspired me to listen to this piece on NPR. It’s 18 minutes long, and you absolutely have to take a half hour to listen to it. (I needed the last 12 to pull myself together.) Have you ever heard that much emotion in an an interview? Wow. wow.
– Wonder how those awesome infographics are made? It’s pretty impressive.
– I was named Lady Geek of the Week! Love it
– Hello Lucky is hosting their Craftacular this Saturday and I plan to stop by and visit Alyssa from Weeko Mika who will be there with some of her awesome jewelry.
– It’s the Art Car Parade! Hope the weather cooperates!