In Boulder (or Denver)? We’re hosting a craft + craft beer night at awesome local brewpub Boulder Beer on 7/31 and you should totallllly come because it’s going to be awesome. We’ll be drinking delish brews (Mojo for me!), getting a personal tour of their brewing operations and then making some beer-inspired crafts with the author of Beer Crafts, Shawn Gascoyne-Bowman. Tickets are going quick and they’re only $10 – you can reserve your spot here!
- Radish is doing well! She’s at the office with me this week for a few days because Joe is travelling which is kind of a big distraction, but also a very cute one. No one around here seems to mind My friend and Whimseybox designer/photographer Alyssa has given her a hashtag, so watch #radishdirago on Instagram if you’re so inclined.
- It’s box shipping week here so things are madness at the office. Boxes everywhere! They go out at 2pm today and then we will all cheer and collapse in exhaustion.
- I took an ultra quick trip to NYC on Monday, as in I flew across the country for a 2hr lunch, then turned around and came right back home. There’s a super exciting possible new project in the works so keep your fingers crossed!
- We’re running a really fun contest with craftgawker where the winning project will get $250 and a contract to be sold on Whimseybox. Enter, enter, enter! Contest ends 7/31.
- If you’re in or around Boulder/Denver, please come to our Craft + Craft Beer event at Boulder Beer on Wednesday 7/31. It’s only $10 (includes beer!) and is going to be a blast.
First I bought a Mac. Now we have a dog. Boulder, your influence is very strong.
This is Radish, the newest addition to team Whimseybox. Radish, or Rad for short, is an 8 week old Golden Retriever. She’s going to come to work with me some days (the human members of team Whimseybox are psyched) so it’s appropriate that her first stop on the way home was not our house but rather the office. Hey, it’s where I spend most of my time.
Please share all your dog related tips, shops, toys, treats, WHATEVER because I’ve never had a dog before and I’m pretty sure I would be less stressed out if she was a baby because I have a vague idea of how to take care of them.
Thanks to the awesome Alyssa for snapping these pics of our first day!
Any other craftgawker addicts out there? I love looking at all of the DIY delights they collect and now I’m really excited that we’ll be turning one of those projects into an exclusive project kit to be sold in the Whimseybox shop.
If you want to win (and you do want to win this) all you need to do is upload a project to craftgawker between now and 7/31 and include the tag whimseybox1. At the end of July the projects with the most favorites will move on to the finals and one grand prize winner will be selected by a panel of judges at Whimseybox and awarded a contract to turn their project into a kit for sale on Whimseybox plus a $250 cash prize. (And you can enter as many unique projects as you like!)
I’m super excited about this and hope you’ll check it out + help us spread the word.
Check out the full rules + more info here!
A few weeks ago two things happened in perfect timing. The first was that we rearranged our desks at Whimseybox HQ. When we first moved into the office almost 3 months ago (whoa, can’t believe we’ve been here that long!) I bought 6 desks at Ikea and set them up in one big pod of 6. But with the addition of our summer interns, we’ve already outgrown that setup so after another couple of trips to idea for more desks we now have room for everyone to sit down again. Downside was that now my desk is pushed further back into a kind of dark corner.
The other thing that happened that week was that Lamps.com emailed me to see if I was interested in trying out one of their lamps for free. Despite the slightly unsettling feeling that the NSA may told them that I was suddenly in need of some illumination, I was psyched and agreed to check out this adorable Adesso spotlight table lamp. It came super fast but without the free light bulb I expected. Fortunately I found one stashed in the closet here (seriously a grab bag of crazy stuff left from the last company) and it worked perfectly.
I’m kind of in love with it, and it’s cute enough to become a prop in lots of upcoming shoots for Whimseybox which is perfect for me. Everything around here is fair game for a photo shoot! Thanks Lamps.com.
Disclosure: Lamps.com sent me this lamp. They did not pay me in dollars or light bulbs, but I’m open to either.