The Week That Was is posted every Friday to highlight some of the best in fashion, decor and other cool stuff from around the internet. Submissions are welcome – email them to me at alicia [at] dismountcreative.com.
– Lily Donaldson in Missoni in Harper’s Bazaar via Fashion’s Gone Rogue. I just subscribed to Harper’s Bazaar (via one of those great Amazon.com sales) and I’m really happy I did. Going to the mailbox and finding a magazine is way better than just finding bills.
– Lots of great eye candy this week as pre-fall collections hit the blogs. I found this Pringle of Scotland look via the Fashionista roundup. (Sidenote: Slideshows are so annoying. I mean, the pictures aren’t even big. I know it’s just to increase pageviews and I hate it.)
– I love this Sartorialist shot. How does he shoot so many people in fabulous coats but none of them ever look cold?
– Watercolor and letterpress holiday cards. I love the triple-fold design. (Is that what it’s called?) Anyway, I would actually send cards if I could make ones this amazing.
– Pretty awesome DIY marabou clutch from Chic Steals.
– I’ve seen enough holiday project ideas to last through the next century at this point, but Celebrate magazine has a collection of easy ideas that are worth highlighting.
– So many great Tumblrs lately. My favorite: Fuck Yeah! Forts. (via)
– I’m a total dork for quotes. This quote hook is a good way to put an inspirational message in your house without going the way of putting post-it notes all over and freaking out your friends.
– Toaster art! Am I the only one thinking ‘ah be careful electrocution!’? (After typing that I wondered if a toaster could really kill you dead, or if that’s just what they tell kids and maybe it would only cause… minor electrocution? I don’t know. Anyway, according to The Straight Dope you should respect your toaster- 15 people are electrocuted in the US by household appliances every year.)