The Week That Was is posted every Friday to highlight some of the best in fashion, decor and other cool stuff from around the internet. Submissions are welcome – email them to alicia [at] dismountcreative.com.
– This cocoon coat pictured on Looks Good To Me is almost as cute as her illustrations. Do you think something like that would be hard to make? $565 is a little steep, especially since it’s 71 degrees outside here.
– Refinery 29 had an awesome roundup of evening bags.
– I’d wear a dress just like this white one by Ulla Johnson every day if it made sense. And a had a billion dollars to spend on drycleaning.
– Can a person ever have too many blankets? I’m like Linus in my house – always carrying one around. Even when the A/C is on. Actually, especially when the A/C is on.
– We just bought a new bed, but I can’t help drooling over this one.
– For the first time in my life I actually need coasters and I’m working on making some. Here’s a good resource.
– Who can wear a turban and be taken seriously? If I could I’d be learning to make one.
– Monogram stationary DIY from design*sponge would make a great holiday gift.
– Two things beer-related. ‘The Case of the IPA’ – a case of beer where each of the bottles has one chapter of a detective novel printed on the label- so clever. And second, are you watching the show Brew Masters on TLC? I was already a huge fan of Dogfish Head and Sam Calagione (like, I have his book) but the show is entertaining and educational. Plus, I love to see how things are made. Home brewing is on my list of things to do in 2011.
– QWOP. Either you know what I’m talking about or you don’t. Do not click that link if you are busy because that game is somehow simultaneously ridiculous, impossible and addicting.
– A two-person rocking chair! It’s like a hammock for inside.